Welcome to the Irish Behavioural Science and Policy Network
Why not join others at our regular meet-ups?
Sign-up to our mailing list to get the latest IBSPN updates
When is the next meet-up?
The 6th Irish Behavioural Science and Policy Network meet-up will take place on Feb. 9th from 6.00 to 7.30pm (location will be confirmed closer to the date). This meet-up will focus on the behavioural economics and the ethics of influence, and the speakers will be confirmed shortly. Sign-up here to register.
In 2017, we have five meet-ups scheduled:
- 9th February: Behavioural Economics and the Ethics of Influence (sign-up here)
- 30th March: Behavioural Science and Social Justice (sign-up here)
- 18th May: Field, Lab, and Natural Experiments in Public Policy (sign-up here)
- 7th September: Behavioural Economics and Communications in Policy and Business (sign-up here)
- 19th October: Behavioural Economics and the Future of Regulation (sign-up here)
- 1st December: 10th Annual Economics and Psychology Conference (sign-up here)
What format will the meet-ups take?
Each meet-up is structured around a collection of short talks, where each speaker describes briefly an idea they are working on (or thinking about), followed by questions, potential suggestions for collaboration between members, and a group discussion on the collection of talks.
What is the purpose of the network?
The purpose of Irish Behavioural Science and Policy Network (IBSPN) is to bring together the thinkers and doers of behavioural science in Ireland. We want members of the network to share, discuss and debate how behavioural insights can and should be applied in the business, academic and public policy domains in Ireland.
Since 2008 there has been an annual conference organised for those working at the interface of economics, psychology and other related areas. Speakers have included international thought-leaders such as David Laibson, David Halpern, Robert Sugden, Arie Kapteyn, Ruth Byrne and John O’Doherty. The next annual conference will be on the 1st of December 2017 (register here).