Welcome to the Irish Behavioural Science and Policy Network
Why not join others at our regular meet-ups?
Sign-up to our mailing list to get the latest IBSPN updates
Looking to the autumn schedule, we’ve some brilliant speakers lined up and we hope that you’ll be able to join us at one, if not all, of the following meet-ups:
- 8th Sept. – Launch of the UCD Geary Institute Behavioural Public Policy stream. Details and the sign-up page are here.The keynote speaker will be Professor Peter John from UCL who will speak on his new book “The Limits of Nudging”. You’re most welcome to attend the whole day or just the keynote itself.
- Oct. 13th – Professor Glenn Harrison from Georgia State University who will speak on economics and preference analysis. The sign-up page is here.
- Oct. 18th – Professor Til Grune-Yanoff, one of the leading thinkers on the application of behavioural science in public policy, will discuss the application of behavioural insights in practice in a policy setting. The sign-up page is here.
- Nov. 30th – PhD Irish Economics and Psychology Conference in UCD. More details are available here
- Dec. 1st – 10th Annual Irish Economics and Psychology Conference in UCD. Our keynote speakers will be Professor Don Ross (UCC) and Professor Jennifer Sheehy Skeffington (LSE). The sign-up page is here.
Each meet-up is structured around a collection of short talks, where each speaker describes briefly an idea they are working on (or thinking about), followed by questions, potential suggestions for collaboration between members, and a group discussion on the collection of talks.
The purpose of Irish Behavioural Science and Policy Network (IBSPN) is to bring together the thinkers and doers of behavioural science in Ireland. We want members of the network to share, discuss and debate how behavioural insights can and should be applied in the business, academic and public policy domains in Ireland.
Since 2008 there has been an annual conference organised for those working at the interface of economics, psychology and other related areas. Speakers have included international thought-leaders such as David Laibson, David Halpern, Robert Sugden, Arie Kapteyn, Ruth Byrne and John O’Doherty.
The next annual conference will be on the 1st of December 2017. Our keynote speakers will be Professor Don Ross (UCC) and Professor Jennifer Sheehy Skeffington (LSE). The sign-up page is here.